A non-degree seeking student is someone who is not enrolled in a degree program, but seeks to take a course at NCNM. Those who wish to enroll in a course, but not a degree program may apply as a non-degree seeking student in the School of Graduate Studies. Approval is based on space availability, pre-requisite completion, as well as, instructor and program dean approval. Graduates of NCNM who seek to add a certificate program may apply to do so, provided specific requirements are met. Practitioners seeking continuing education units (CEUs) should contact the Office of Advancement. Please review the NCNM POLICY and PROCEDURE: School of Graduate Studies for Non-Degree Seeking Students.
- Application fee of $25 (non-refundable). Check payable to NCNM. Current students, NCNM employees and alumni are exempt from the application fee.
- No lab courses may be audited (for example: histology lab).
- Payment is required prior to starting the course.
- Audit fee is 80% of regular tuition for academic courses.
- Clinic is three credits for every 48 hours at 100 percent of regular tuition (observation only). Please attach a list of exact dates and times of shifts you will be attending.
- No refund will be given after the first class meeting.
Non-Degree Admission Registration Requirements
Non-degree seeking students are responsible for submitting all application requirements to the Office of Admissions. To audit or take a course for credit, please complete the required Non-Degree Seeking Students Registration Form and submit the following supporting supplements:
- Please complete the Certificate of Immunization Form.
- Please provide proof of TB testing.
*Individuals who have been enrolled at NCNM within the last twelve months are not required to provide proof of TB test.
If you need to take a TB test, testing is available at the NCNM Natural Health Center on 3025 SW Corbett St. Please submit a copy of the following NCNM TB Test Request Form to the clinic. Lab appointment required. For clinic and lab hours/lab fees, please call 503.552.1551.
Background Check Policy and Request – Please complete a student background check through Certified Background by following these instructions. Review information policy and submit a complete copy of the Release of Information Form and confirmation receipt from Certified Background with your registration form.
(1) registration form is complete with authorized signatures from the program dean and instructor of the course,
(2) Certificate of Immunization,
(3) proof of TB testing,
(4) Release of Information and
(5) Certified Background receipt are COMPLETE prior to submitting application to:
NCNM Office of Admissions
049 SW Porter St., Portland, OR 97201
Physical Address of Location:
NCNM Office of Admissions
2828 SW Naito Parkway – Suite 100, Portland, OR 97201
Office hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Telephone: 503.552.1660 | Fax: 503.499.0027
Complete registration form will be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office. For additional information about prerequisites and course availability, please contact Kelly Garey at 503.552.1603 or email@example.com.